Monday, June 24, 2013

Progress update on Solr 4.x Deep Dive EAR #2 - 6/24/2013

After releasing the book, Solr 4.x Deep Dive - Early Access Release #1, on Friday, I immediately started work on EAR #2, with an expected release to about two weeks.
 
My main focus for this second release will be cleanup, formatting, and expanding the index. I suspect that these tasks will keep me busy enough that I may not get to any new material.
 
I did add a "Summary Table of Contents" section in the Preface for easier browsing of the book contents since the main TOC is so voluminous. The summary has two parts, the list of parts of the book and the list of chapters by part. The list entries are hyperlinked to the relevant part or chapter.
 
I've already formatted the section headers for all of the "Indexing Data" chapters. I added a fair number of indexing entries for that material as well. I still need to do the same for the Faceting chapter, which was the last and newest chapter I wrote before releasing EAR #1.
 
I found and fixed a few technical errors in the text as well – please comment on any errors you may encounter.
 
I also added some items to the "TO DO" list – including real-time "/get", which somehow slipped between the cracks.

-- Jack Krupansky

1 Comments:

At 9:29 AM MDT , Blogger Unknown said...

I have no problem with these updates continuing to be on the mailing list. The list sometimes does have a lot of traffic, but IMHO an update like this doesn't is more signal than noise.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home