Friday, July 05, 2013

Possible priorities for Solr 4.x Deep Dive Early Access Release #3

I need to catch my breath, but here are some of the priorities I am thinking of for Early Access Release #3 of my book Solr 4.x Deep Dive book over the next couple of weeks:
  • Catch up on Solr 4.4 features as soon as the Solr 4.4 RC1 is available.
  • Start work on SolrCloud coverage
  • Start work on Data Import Handler coverage
  • Start work on SolrJ coverage
Each of the latter three items is likely to be a multi-month effort, but I think pursuing them in parallel will allow me to manage frequent stumbling blocks more effectively. And, these informal priorities do not guarantee that any of these areas will definitely be covered in EAR #3.
 
Some other areas that may get attention:
  • Highlighting
  • Autocomplete
  • Grouping
  • Core management
  • Collection management
But absolutely no promises on that front.
 
There will probably be incremental work on formatting and indexing, but as a lower priority since that was such a high priority for EAR #2.
 
Comments?

-- Jack Krupansky

2 Comments:

At 8:54 PM MDT , Blogger Unknown said...

Hi,jack:
Thanks for your work,this book is great!

Here's my question:

I have bought EAR #2, do I pay again when #3 release?

 
At 6:26 PM MDT , Anonymous Jack Krupansky said...

Thanks for the comments.

I'd like to setup a subscription service for updates, but for now, you do have to purchase each early access release. Sorry about that!

-- Jack Krupansky

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home