Tuesday, July 09, 2013

Focus for EAR#3 of Solr 4.x Deep Dive book - 4.4 Update Processors and SolrCloud

By default, I've set my priorities for the focus of Early Access Release #3 of my Solr 4.x Deep Dive book:
  1. Very preliminary coverage of Solr Cloud. Mostly research and testing some initial examples, and a start on a glossary for SolrCloud.
  2. Adding the update processors and token filters for Solr 4.4, due out soon.
Whether I get to anything else remains to be seen. Mostly it will be a question of how far I get with SolrCloud. Most of my time gets spent reading code and trying to make sense of the more obscure corners of SolrCloud, so I'm not sure how much actual writing I'll get in over the next 10 days. We'll sell.

-- Jack Krupansky

1 Comments:

At 5:29 PM MDT , Anonymous Anonymous said...

The clear explanations in Release 1 were a big help to me as a newbie but will also help experienced Solr users because the content goes far beyond the basic info. I'm anxiously awaiting Release 3.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home