Thursday, August 01, 2013

Added a script that skips documents based on a pattern match in a field

I just added another example script for the StatelessScriptUpdate processor that skips the indexing of documents that match a specified pattern in a specified field, with a case sensitivity option as well. The specific example checks the type of a file name, but the script can work for any field and any pattern.
 
I also cleaned up the language for what happens when a script returns a value of "false" – it aborts the current update command, and does not execute any remaining update processors.
 
Now back to coverage of the Solr term vector component. Oh, that's another mistake I had made – that's "vector" singular, not "vectors" plural. Minor, but I seek to be accurate.
 
I toyed with the idea of publishing Early Access Release #5 of Solr 4.x Deep Dive tomorrow since I have bunch of new material, but my preference is to get even more material for two weeks from now.

-- Jack Krupansky

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home