Friday, July 26, 2013

Progress on Early Access Release #4 for Solr 4.x Deep Dive

I'm making steady progress on Early Access Release #4 for my Solr 4.x Deep Dive book. I only have one bullet point left for the backlog of Solr 4.4 items – change to merge policy in solrconfig. Unfortunately, while digging into that item, I realized that I made some mistakes in that area in the existing coverage, so I'm trying to sort that out now. Basically, I had parameters under <mergePolicy>, but in reality all of those mergPolicy-specific parameter are separate configuration elements within <indexConfig>. In fact, it looks like the standard Solr example solrconfig itself is wrong in that area as well. But, I'm still sorting it out. Right now I'm looking at previous Solr releases to see how they implemented merge policy in solrconfig.
 
I had hoped that maybe I could do an early release of EAR#4 today with all the 4.4 changes since 4.4 is now out, but it all depends on when I get this merge policy confusion sorted out. Stay tuned. It is still a possibility for late afternoon today.
 
Besides more general cleanup, there isn't much else in EAR#4 other than 4.4 feature coverage (and a 4.2 feature as well.)

-- Jack Krupansky

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home