Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Slow progress on EAR#3 for Solr 4.x Deep Dive

My progress on Early Access Release #3 of my Solr 4.x Deep Dive has been slower than I expected. I'll still have a release on Friday, but it will be more limited. I had hoped to have a first crack at SolrCloud and I did spend a lot of time researching and writing preliminary notes for SolrCloud, but I don't have anything publishable, yet. Instead, I focused on 4.4 updates. Even there, progress has been slower than expected since there are so many nuances. I still have a couple of days, but there are still a lot of 4.4 features that I still haven't covered.
 
I've tried to focus on new and changed Update Request Processors and Token Filters. Specifically:
  • A new parameter for field selectors for the field mutating update processors to indicate whether fields must be in the schema or not.
  • Addition of the parse update processors for converting string values to numeric, date, and boolean values.
  • Addition of the Add Schema Fields Update processor.
  • The Min and Max Field Value Update processors now handle numeric values properly when using the JSON update format, but the new parse update processors are needed for numeric values when using the XML, CSV, or other non-JSON update formats.
Also, in token filters:
  • Added the new Pattern Capture Group token filter (PatternCaptureGroupFilterFactory.)
All of that work is done.
 
And there were a modest number of edits here and there. As well as more indexing.
 
I'll get a few other items covered over the next two days as well.
 
I imagine that the priorities for EAR#4 will be more of the same – deeper research and notes for SolrCloud, and more 4.4 coverage.
 
-- Jack Krupansky

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home