Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Progressing on Highlighting for EAR#5 of Solr 4.x Deep Dive

For the past week I have been slogging away on Highlighting. A hefty chunk of that time has been research, reading the source code, and coming up with examples and testing them. Oh, and then some actual writing. I still have a fair amount to do, but so far I have about 60 pages. Highlighting has a lot of parameters and sub-components – 46 main parameters and then a lot of them have field-specific variants.
 
I will also be including coverage of the new postings highlighter.
 
As with the spell checker, there will probably still be a number of nooks and crannies and odd parameter combinations that I don't quite mange to cover as fully as I would like. I already have the lion share of the highlighting coverage that I intended in place right now. I'll probably put in any day or so and go ahead and publish what I have. It it already way, way beyond what is currently available on the wiki and in Javadoc.
 
I still intend to publish Early Access Release #5 for Solr 4.x Deep Dive on Friday, August 16, 2013.
 
After highlighting, I may move on to grouping, and maybe take another stab at SolrCloud.
-- Jack Krupansky

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home