What's next for Solr 4.x Deep Dive EAR#7?
I haven't made any final decision on what to focus on for Early Access Release #7 of my Solr 4.x Deep Dive e-book, but here's my menu that I expect to choose from:
- More of the admin API handlers
- Query elevation component
- A start on SolrCloud – at least a robust glossary
- Traditional distributed Solr (replication and shards)
- A start on Data Import Handler – maybe a focus on non-database file import, and a robust glossary
My default will be to continue with the rest of the admin API to get that fundamental area out of the way.
I really do want to tackle SolrCloud ASAP, but it's a lot of material that requires a lot of thought.
-- Jack Krupansky